Can plastics be used sustainably?
At Seufert Transparente Verpackungen, the answer is "yes" – and that's why we do everything we can to improve the sustainability of our products and production.
R-PET, which we brought to market in 2010, represents an ecological milestone with 85% recyclable material. As one of the market leaders, we thus continue to serve as a role model for the entire industry. Our customers benefit from this as well because our plastic packaging enables them to achieve better lifecycle assessments for their products as a whole.
We have consistently been implementing a number of measures, some for many years now:
- Environmentally friendly, low-migration inks in offset printing;
- Complete, segregated recycling of all production residue (die-cut parts, etc.);
- Production under hygienic conditions for hygienic products. This enables us to avoid any contamination of the recycling materials;
- Largely closed material cycles during own foil production;
- Avoiding deadheading between foil production and processing (re-transport of recycling material);
- Consistent advice and optimisation of the packaging and foil strengths in order to minimise use of valuable raw materials
At Seufert Transparente Verpackungen, sustainability is a major goal of management; we have made the recording and continuous optimisation of our lifecycle assessments a part of our corporate vision.